top of page
  • Writer's pictureSteve Braun

Full Circle Moments



As I get older, I find my priorities shifting to obtain a life of fulfillment, meaning and

purpose.


I contemplate more and I see that there are opportunities to expand my understanding

of the actions I take.


Many of the activities I do can be enhanced by pursuing them a step further.


It’s no secret my passion is fly fishing. I am witnessing my own journey evolve as I grow

and mature. My younger years were about the pursuit of knowledge, practice and

catching as many fish as I could.


A decade later it was about catching the biggest fish possible and going to extreme

lengths to do so.


Today, it is my form of self care and serenity. A way to be present, in the moment, taking

the time to appreciate the beauty of this world and the creatures that inhabit it.


I get much more satisfaction watching others catch fish and enjoying their company.

I catch and release about 90 percent of the time, and the other 10 percent I ensure the

utmost respect is taken to process my catch.


I find that if I am to take a life, it is my responsibility to ensure as much love and care go

into the finished product as possible out of respect for their sacrifice.


To me, fishing is an evolving journey–one that has nearly come full circle.


I believe the next stage of my evolution will be passing along this passion to kids of my

own one day.


I also believe that one action completes the other.


If you think of fishing as an inhale, then this is the exhale– and it takes each action to

complete each breath.


Steve Braun

Call or Text: 778.932.1978


Connect on Social: Facebook       LinkedIn       SteveBraun.Org 


About the Author:  Steve currently resides in the sunny Okanagan in British Columbia Canada where he spends his free time camping at remote lakes chasing monster rainbow trout with a flyrod.





1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page